Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Sunday, May 9, 2010

That's entertainment

I'm thankful for a weekend retreat that was so far away from the distractions of television and the Internet that I was forced to procrastinate by watching a tiny fly...and then by writing about it:)

A wayward gnat
has mistaken me
for a lamp
and spins around me
dizzy, drunk
so fragile that my breath
knocks him off course
undeterred, he braves
the gail force winds
and finds his way
towards my face again
Does he know
how small he is
how much he owes
to my benevolence
that I would rather
watch him dance
than squash him

2 comments:

  1. yes, we are masters of procrastination :) Well, I'm glad to hear the tiny gnat was able to live out his 2 day life span in peace - lol!

    What a wonderful treat it was for you to go there, I hope that it really recharged your batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd orbit your giant nomacher if I were a gnat too!

    ReplyDelete