Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's Boboli and I helped!

Does anyone remember that old Shake n Bake commercial? That girl's voice is forever in my memory, the way she made the word "helped" sound like it had three syllables was hilarious.
Anyway, I love making homemade pizza with my hubby (with the help of some Boboli crust). I like that we get to make it exactly how we like it, and having both worked at pizza places growing up, we make a darn good pizza. For a side dish I made a tomato and cucumber salad with homemade dressing and our very first home grown cucumber of the season. Deeeeelicious!
I think making pizzas now makes me so happy because I loved making it so much as a kid when we had Chef Boyardee make your own pizza nights as a family. The crust may have been a little lumpy and the toppings a mess, but nothing seasons a meal better than the sense of accomplishment of having made it:)

4 comments:

  1. Some of my best memories involve that Chef Boyardi pizza :) Although, my roommate ruined it for my in college when I made it once and she claimed it made the apartment smell like throw-up. Crazy person...

    I am so jealous of your cucumber! I can't wait for mine to come in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried pizza kits with the kids, but they cheer when I bring home Little Caesars. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chef Boyardee Pizza Nights were one of my favorite Saturday Night rituals, too. Add cousins and (revealing my age) Carol Burnette, after Love Boat and Fantasy Island, and all was right with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad we don't work at pizza places anymore :)

    ReplyDelete