Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Monday, December 6, 2010

LaLaLa!

(Kara-oke:)
I love singing...to myself. I belt out show tunes every single time I'm in my car...I sing in the shower, when I'm gardening and sometimes even when I'm feeling sad just sitting on my bed. I also love listening to people sing. When many voices come together, as in acapella, the power can make my hair stand on end. It soothes me, lifts me up -- and quite often, when I'm down, a good song can literally make me get up and dance. I suppose there's a reason they call them glee clubs:) I can't recall a time in the Bible where it actually talks about Jesus singing...but I believe that he must have, perhaps it's even how he gave people the will to rise up off their mats.
Anyway, now you know why I love the new show The Sing-off, and it made me very happy to watch it tonight. Sure, I'll admit it, I got up and shook my tired little booty as I watched by myself in my room. Something else I highly recommend for raising the spirits -- a good old fashioned dance around your room like an idiot just for the sheer fun of it. Go ahead...no one's looking...sing some rock and roll, dance around the room, perhaps do a jig, give it a try, and I guarantee you'll be smiling soon.

11 comments:

  1. andy & i watched it too...its a great show :) and the dancing thing must run in your family-andy does that all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Ek does it too...but I don't think Mom and Dad do it. Maybe it all started with the Snoopy Happy Dance:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, no fair being goofy and pretty at the same time!

    The other gurlz can restrain their green-eyed monsters for just so long...

    Ya Ya Sisterhood has its limits.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm smiling just thinking about your goofy pajama dancing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "We return to the beginning, and know this place for the first time." ~ Robert Frost

    Dance on, o daughter of dust. Never stop dancing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link to the earlier blog...that's still one of my favorites:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I think women are such interesting creatures in our jealousy of one another...I've never met one who didn't wish she looked different in some way. I always wanted to look like Audrey Hepburn with her chic chocolate hair and her onyx eyes...but I couldn't be more different! Comparisons are a treacherous indulgence. But thank you for the lovely compliment. One of my favorite quotes has always been Ms. Alcott's "Love is a great beautifier."

    ReplyDelete
  8. But when the sisterhood sets aside such pettiness, is there anything they can't do...? click

    No, no there is not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep in mind when viewing the slide show link: in the entire history of Afghanistan, its people have never (not ever) seen anything like it. It is their "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". (check pic 13 and 14)

    Our women in uniform are making more of an impact upon these people than all the munitions ever fired or dropped.

    And it is a good thing... a very wonderful, glorious thing to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Those are astoundingly beautiful photos! Yes, women can be amazing when they open their hearts to one another. There is such power in love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And when the power of love is less than reciprocal, these gals can turn to what's strapped to their legs and slung from their shoulders to help them get back to a more loving place. ;-)

    Armed women are kinda hot.

    ReplyDelete