Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Sunday, May 16, 2010

Shalom

I'm thankful I had the opportunity to experience a different culture tonight when I went as Lindsay's date to a Bat Mitzvah for the little girl she tutors. The service was mostly in Hebrew, but I was still able to connect in such a deep way that I couldn't help but cry at the end. It was special to be a part of such an important part of that family's life. And the party afterwards was quite an experience too...more extravagant than any wedding I've been too. But the best part was seeing the Bubbies (grandmothers) dancing with their glow sticks along with all the thirteen year old kids. What a joyous occasion and what a truly touching look into another way of life.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful experience! Glad you got to go and have a little fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe when I think about how ancient Judaism is. Really cool those traditions have been past down for millennia (besides the glow sticks, pretty sure those are a recent development)

    ReplyDelete