Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dayworking

I think it's funny that what looks to some people like me just staring off into space daydreaming is actually me working. Today I sat outside on my porch and stared at the sky all day while I cracked the major plot points of an entire story. A teacher probably would've yelled at me for daydreaming, but it's the way I start all of my jobs. I love to walk through all of the worlds in my mind for hours on end and I end up losing track of time completely. If someone asked me what I did today, I could say I sat -- or I could say I took a trip to Italy, survived a freak snow storm and watched a couple fall in love and get married -- all in one day:)

It also made me giggle today to see a little girl walking her tiny Yorkie while she roller skated. Halfway around the block the dog got tired and so the girl had to hold him while she skated which did not look easy because she couldn't swing her arms for momentum like a skater usually needs to do. Made me want to buy a pair of skates...not the clunky inline things, but the old-school white lace-ups with 4 red wheels.

2 comments:

  1. That is so me (the working, not the skating!). In the shower, making dinner, looking at the lake, I am constantly working out things in my mind. Should they hate each other? Should she be rich or poor? Should they be forced to get married? It is rare these day for me to actually be looking at whatever I am starting towards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skate a block with Alfie in your arms -- now that's a workout!

    ReplyDelete