Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nightlight in the sky

I love the moon. How it's a light in the dark, content with being silver in a golden world, how it can be both constant and changing at the same time. I love how it somehow elicits wonder in my heart every time I see it, day after day, as if it were somehow new and not nearly as old as time itself. I love the soft halo that encircles it and that I can stare at it as long as I like without hurting my eyes. And how when paired with clouds sweeping swiftly across it like a bellydancer's swirling veils and Beethoven's ninth playing on the radio it is the very definition of magic. It is a simple, primal joy...and for that, I am thankful:)

Ps. Did anyone laugh as hard as I did at 30 ROCK when Buzz Aldren yelled at the moon "I walked on your FACE!" Hahah! And he did! Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. And how cool is it that we see the very same moon every night from our respective coasts?
    Don't watch 30 Rock, but I laughed out loud at Big Bang Theory when they shot lasers at the moon on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete