Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Esperanza

I read somewhere that hope is joyful anticipation, and I've always loved that definition. I'm thankful for things to hope for and look forward to...all the things I daydream about when I should be writing:) I keep a hope chest in my mind, and when I'm having a hard day, I like to sneak inside and take a peak at all of the wonderful might be's in there. And when I start to worry about some bad "what if" I like to try to always replace it with a good "what if". It takes practice, but my imagination enjoys the work out, and just like exercise for the body is important because it makes you feel better, I think the same is true for the mind and imagination.

(Fyi...Esperanza is the Spanish word for hope and I've always thought it was a magical sounding word:)

1 comment:

  1. I like the thought of replacing the bad What If's with good What If's. It's like when I get cut off on the highway and I want to yell and swear at the driver but instead I scream "I love you" and wave :)

    ReplyDelete