Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Monday, March 29, 2010

An Ode to My Nose

Sure, there were times when I rued your sensitivity. Or the phase I went through where I thought your nostrils were too round and your tip too short. I have battled you so much over the years, and yes, we've quarrelled this week -- what, with your become so puffed up and swelled over nothing. I think you're a bit of a drama queen...a little pollen shouldn't be such a big deal, you know. But I forgive you because, when you want to be, you can be a wonderful friend. Like today when we sampled the new lavender bushes upstairs and when we gobbled up the jasmine vines down the street. And when we found the Scentimental (obvious name, but still lovely) roses at the store I felt like we'd really hit the jackpot. And it's so much more fun breathing through you than through my mouth, she complains that it's not really her job, but you never make it seem like a chore. No, breathing with you is a joy, and I will never take it for granted. So thank you for a good day, my proboscis pal:)

1 comment:

  1. You have a PERFECT nose! Sure, she likes to rebel when she's bombarded with pollen bombs and Sycamore grenades... but the reward is in the jasmine and roses :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive