Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Friday, March 26, 2010

BUSTED!

Today I was sitting next to a grey Quest on the outside of a left double turn lane. It's one of those turns where the preferred position is usually the outside lane where I was because after you make the turn it has quick access to the interstate if you turn right or easier access to Paul's Fruit Market (where I was headed) or Thornton's gas station after the underpass if you go straight. Sure enough, after the turn, the woman in the SUV began speeding up and inching over into my lane. I slowed down to let her in, but as my disapproving look started to turn into a bad word, I noticed her license plate; to my amazement, it read BE JOY. After hesitatingly deciding that BE JOY probably didn't stand for Betty Ellen Joy, I became intrigued by the concept of "being joy." I mean, did she just not have enough room on the plate to say BE JOYFUL, or did she really mean "be joy," as in "YOU be joy"? That's kind of a hard concept to get your head around - not to include your heart...or your spirit. Maybe this works: BE JOY...TO SOMEONE ELSE!...like slowing down and letting someone else over without getting indignant about it, because maybe that's the thing that gives her joy. Guess I'll have to work on that concept.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love it...what an interesting phrase...be joy! Smart idea to have that license plate, bet she gets away with a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My license plate would read "Back off you insane LA driver!!" but that's way too many characters. BE JOY is much nicer :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive