Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oh the places we'll go!

I'm thankful for my snazzy new silver (silver!) luggage that I bought today and I'm even more thankful that the store practically GAVE them to me it was on such a good sale. It's shiny and unique and looks like it could fly -- which it will -- and it brings me joy to think of all the wonderful places we'll get to travel to together:) I'm grateful for how far I've come -- that I can sit here tonight and be excited about travel and not terrified by the thought of it like I was for so long. It's really nice to have something to look forward to, to daydream about the exotic airports I'll run across and the trains I'll hop on, and it's good to know my new luggage is lightweight so I won't fall backwards like an oversized turtle again when I try to lift my suitcase onto the luggage rack like I did in London (thank God a ninety year old dead ringer for the Queen mum was there to lift it for me while Erin and I were weakened by a wicked fit of the giggles!) I'm grateful for the thirst in my soul to see new places and to experience the world and I'm glad Mom and Dad always encouraged it. Tally ho!

2 comments:

  1. For breaking in that new luggage I suggest booking a trip home as soon as possible - we miss you! Louisville International Airport, what could be more exotic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome was that woman? And how awesome is nifty new luggage? I think that is why I love luggage like most women love shoes... it always represents the promise of new places or the comfort of reuniting with people we love and miss. And, for the record, you owe me a visit before Louisville. Take that, McLeroy! Better yet, come visit me too :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive