Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Moonshine

It's funny being on the Atlantic Ocean facing East...I'm used to the sun setting over the ocean like it does back home in the west! So I was disappointed at first as I sat at the window table I requested looking out over the ocean because I thought we were going to see a sunset, at least that's how I timed it. But instead of the light display I was expecting, it just got dark -- and that's when I was treated to an unexpected joy -- a moonrise over the ocean. I'm not sure if I've ever witnessed it before, but it took my breath away to see the translucent whisper of shimmering white in the darkening sky over the ocean. And as the sky grew darker, the moon grew brighter, shining down on the water making a path across the ocean that was so beautiful I was tempted to jump in and try to follow it. Ryan and I tried to think of names for that glowing path -- the moonshine mile, la avenida de la luna -- but ended up just laughing at how dumb they all sounded. We decided it was best not to try and name something so magical, to just let it be. So we did, and it was lovely:)

3 comments:

  1. I think you came to the right conclusion -- some things just defy words

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, here in Kentucky "moonshine" takes on a whole different meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christopher Walken would do it justice, "uh-mOON bouUUlivARD" :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive