Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

west side gaggle

I was walking into work yesterday, and there was this gaggle of geese perched on top the four story office building where I work, kind of staring me down and honking at me. Despite myself and my typical melancholy mood, I couldn't help but laugh out loud at these geese, which for some reason reminded me of gang members from west side story. It was just so absurd, especially the attitude they were giving off like they were going to break into song and kick my ass for coming near their territory. Anyway, I'm thankful for the occasional absurdity/oddity that breaks the sometimes mundane days.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! West Side Story geese! Freaking hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! Watch it buddy - I've seen you "fight" - you'd totally lose!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the random absurdity! Like yesterday when I came upon the disaster zone of our family room where our two jerk dogs had annihilated a diaper into a million foamy pieces. I laughed at its absurdity. Then I got pissed.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive