Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nuts

I'm grateful for pistachio nuts: they have the right amount of work-to-reward ratio which I find important in a snack. Cashews are slutty, very willing to give up the goods. Walnuts are prudes, way too much work to loosen up. But pistachios are great -- a bit of a challenge with an inevitable tasty payoff. A day of sitting around the house in my underwear is made productive by simply eating a few pistachios. I've worked for my food and that's something to be proud of.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious...a rumination on nuts :) Well, you got something from Dad! You guys and your 'stacios

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive