Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Today my joy comes from...

My parents flying into LAX. It may be cold and threatening to rain, but nothing will dampen our spring break!

Pink french tulips that have a subtle but sublime fragrance, spilling out of a robin's egg blue vase.

Homemade banana bread with extra banana. Mmmm...

Cole saying I look pretty when I have total "bed head". He's only half-serious, but it's still nice to hear :)

The quiet on Bedford St. There is often a cacophony of noises -- cars, neighbors, radios -- but right now it's strangely, blissfully quiet as I have my morning coffee

An article I read in "O" magazine that brought tears to my eyes, about a father and his teenage daughter who, upon seeing a homeless man, decided to 'downsize' their lives. The family sold their house for a smaller one; traded their cars in; and realized they could live on less. It was so inspiring. What could we all use less of, to create more joy?

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for the Devlins! And I heard about that story with the family on NPR...amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking such good care of the folks!!! And yes, that story you read about in "O" is amazing and inspiring. I can't wait to get back to camp! As for selling half my stuff... well, maybe that can wait for a few more years :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive