Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Family Tree

In between movie marathons and sleeping while I've been sick, I've also cultivated a bit of an obsession...researching my family history on ancestry.com. And the amazing thing is, that in looking into my past, I am even more grateful for my present. It had reminded me what a miracle it is that I am here, and how grateful I am that people from all over the country (from Texas and Alabama to Chicago and Pennsylvania) and all over the world (Ireland, Czechoslovakia, Hungry and Austria) were all brought together so that I could have the privilege of walking on this planet. So thanks to Grace and Charles, Aaron and Lurie, Mary and Andrew, and Helen and Charles (my great grandparents) and to Norma and Sylvester, Mary and Murray (my grandparents) and Mark and Lynn (my parents) and to all those who came before them. I sure am happy they followed their hearts, and in so doing, made a path for me.

1 comment:

  1. It never ceases to amaze me what a wonderful accidental miracle it is that we are here at all. What if great-grandpa hadn't met great-grandma? What if Mom had married "that other guy"? It's truly crazy how we had no control over our fate, and yet now we can totally make our own destiny, write our own futures...and even crazier, create the futures of those who will come after us.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive