Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yesterday I was grateful for wonderful clients, today I am grateful for a day without clients so I can attend to my life. What a glorious balance!
Today I stood in the cool morning air and hung up my laundry. I felt the freshness of the morning on my cheeks and my arms as I reached up to fasten the clothespins. The sun cast shadows through a giants bird of paradise, dappling the light. I could hear my little fountain gurgling away; a bird sang; the dog next door barked at me. What a blissful moment! And I owe it all to my clothesline and wash day.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful imagery...I need to get a clothesline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The environmentalist in me is bursting with pride and joy! A clothesline! Such a throwback... yet such a simple, clean, quiet, patient solution to our mechanized, gotta-have-it-now, electronic jungle. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive