Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Monday, August 30, 2010

Pie

I was watching a show called Plain Jane where they make-over timid girls so they can go on a date with their secret crushes...a mindless and adorable show. Anyway, they always make the girls confront a fear to show them they can conquer it, figuring that it will make asking out a boy they like not so scary in comparison. So in this week's episode, the girl was deathly afraid of the dark. To conquer it, she had to go to one of those trendy new restaurants where people eat in the dark -- but she didn't know it was a restaurant, she didn't know where she was and she was freaked. When she finally hear the host's voice, she found out that she was going to have to eat something that they put in front of her that she couldn't see. She felt the food and started to cry because it felt cold and slimy and she thought it was slugs. Finally after crying and balking, she finally ate it -- and discovered it was key lime pie -- her favorite. I so related to that girl -- often worrying that the unknown is full of slugs, being afraid of new situations or experiences because they might be bad -- but why not instead believe that it's going to be good, like key lime pie? When confronted with something that scares me, I am going to try and think from now on -- it could be key lime pie! And I love key lime pie. I hope I have a whole future full of it. I was very afraid to get some shots in my neck today because I thought they might hurt too much and I didn't know how they would make my neck feel --thankfully Ryan was there to calm me and I steeled all my courage and decided to go for it reminding myself...it could be key lime pie. And even though it hurt a bit -- I'm sitting here tonight feeling so much better, which is just as sweet as pie:)

2 comments: