Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Thursday, August 19, 2010

(More than) A Few of My Favorite Things

I was driving home today and the song "FAVORITE THINGS" from The Sound of Music came on and it made me so happy listening to it that I thought to myself how that song was one of my favorite things:) A few of my other favorite things: bright shiny high heels, the way Pippin's face squishes against the couch when he's sleeping, how Alfie says Ah-roo-roo-roo every single morning and never at night, playing charades with my niece and nephew, giggle fits with my sister when we're too hungry, seeing sappy girly movies with Lindsay, composing with Andy or just listening to him play, hugs from my dad and long phone calls about nothing and everything with mom, fresh flowers all over the house, hummingbirds and their iridescent feathers that surprise you in the sun when they change colors like magic, how Lisa's kids call me Miss Kara, late night email sessions with Aunt Char, Eskimo kisses and morning songs with my hubby, clouds that look like animals and the sound of the breeze in the trees, a dress that fits so perfect it's like it was made just for you, Dick Van Dyke's rubbery leg dance, Audrey Hepburn when she runs down the steps in FUNNY FACE and says "I don't wanna stop, take the picture, take the picture!" and another one of her quotes "Rome...by all means Rome!" and how I know what she means when she says it, and pretty much every show tune ever written. I suppose I should stop there...I'm grateful for so many favorite things that I'll have to continue in another post some other time:)

3 comments:

  1. That's too funny. We really are brain twins. The lesson I just taught a couple of days before you posted this was centered around "favorites." Guess what song I taught the class? It was great hearing 6th graders here singing it in between classes, even if they still struggle with the "r" sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! I wish I could've been there to see (hear) that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marty Cobb, in the cyber-flesh?! Awesome!
    And now, to comment on this FANTASTIC post: you gots a way with words, Kara Devlin. Yep.

    ReplyDelete