Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Saturday, April 17, 2010

Oh the Thinks you can Think

What a joy imagination is! Or as Dr. Seuss called it "all the thinks you can think." I'm thankful that someone thought up the movie How to Train Your Dragon, and so many like it, that are so imaginative that your own imagination can't help but be swept up and carried along for the ride -- like a little boy soaring through the air on his pet dragon:) The kid next to me held out his arms in front of him as if he were flying right with the characters on screen. It was awesome. I used to hate 3D, but I must be warming to it...I might even say I'm thankful for a new way to express creativity...just as long as it doesn't become the only way to see a movie! I rewatched Aladdin the other day and it was every bit as enchanting as the movie tonight even without all the fancy effects. I guess it comes down to the fact that a good story is a good story, and it's fun to be transported to new worlds whether it's in 3D or 2D or even 1D (is that what they're calling books these days?)

1 comment:

  1. Just shows that 3D doesn't replace story but it can enhance it. How To Train Your Dragon would've been just as good without the fancy vertigo trickery :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive