Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Joyfully Ever After

I'm thankful for perfect happy endings that are the perfect fit, that are exactly what you hope for, and even more, they make the story you love even better. I'm not talking about sappy or schmaltzy or contrived endings, I'm talking about the ones that are just right, like the third thing Goldilocks always finds. I finished The Secret Garden (for the umpteenth time) and found myself crying...somehow I had forgotten how rapturous the ending was. How it was more than an ending, it was a new beginning for all the characters I've become such good friends with over the course of the book. I'm thankful for how reading it made me feel and for how it inspires me to find perfect endings for my stories. I have so many stories started...I hope I can push through and find the "just right" for each of them. Eventually. Right now I'd be happy just to finish one of them! :)

1 comment:

  1. It won't be long before a young reader is saying the same thing about her beat up, dog eared, underlined, best friend of a book... written by Kara Holden Devlin :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive