Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

I'm thankful for the joy-filled conclusion of this Lenten season that we've journeyed through together. I'm grateful for a beautiful day filled with faith and family and friends and, of course, food. Homemade potato salad at a picnic in the park, pretty much as good as it gets. I loved the angelic voices rejoicing in the church choir and the hilarious deep vibrato voice coming from the man at the end of the pew. It was fun to see all the kids wearing their best dresses and doing their best to get them as dirty as possible sliding down slides in the playground and rolling in the grass. And the woman with an entire garden hot glued to her hat was awesome. But most of all I'm thankful for what this day reminds us of -- that spring blooms after winter, joy conquers pain, light dispels the darkness, and that nothing, not even the tomb, can hope to contain the glorious power of Love.

This blog has meant so much to me these last 40 days that I feel compelled not to constrain it to only Lent. They say it takes 40 days to form a habit, and I'm hoping this has become a true habit for me. So I'm going to just keep going, and I hope you will join me if you can. So here's to continuing the search -- to looking for joy, and in looking may we find it.

1 comment:

  1. That lady's garden hat was AMAZING! Next year I'm going to top her :). Yes, Kara Holden -- keep recording, sharing, and spreading joy through this blog. It's a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive