Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My family

It was pretty great to come up the escalator at the airport in Kentucky today and to hear "Hey You!" and then to look up with everyone else on the escalator to see my brother's mischievous face smiling down at me as he pointed "Yeah, you -- I know you!" And then Dad came and picked us up in his bright yellow jeep and we drove home though thick green rolling hills while we watched the great ball of the sun set in a blazing burst of hot pink that looked very much like the Miami Vice logo. It's hot and hilly and full of hicks...and it's home:) I'm so thankful I get to hug my mom and stay up late talking with my sister and that we both get to tuck my Nana in at night. It's almost perfect...just missing someone to sleep in the twin bed next to me. But I'm thankful my hubby has such a good heart that he's helping kids at camp, even if it means I me flying solo back in my old neck of the woods for a week.

1 comment:

  1. Kentucky was lucky to have one more hick on its roster last week. Bummed I missed the fun!

    ReplyDelete