Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Monday, July 26, 2010

A heart full of thanks

Today I'm thankful that this blog means something to my favorite people. I feel so blessed to have people in my life that I love so much and who love me through everything. I am thankful for my Aunt Char who made being a smart woman seem cool to me when I was young and who helped to instill in me a lifelong love of animals. My four pets are thankful to her for that too! I'm also thankful for my high school teacher Mrs. Berry, who I was thinking of today, and who didn't let me hide my talent because of a guy, but challenged me to put it out there and to do what I loved to do. It took me a while to take her advice, but I'm so glad she planted the seed that has become a lovely and fruitful tree. I'm grateful for a stream of creativity that came flowing through my work today and I'm thankful for the hope in my heart that it will flow again tomorrow and the next day and on and on...

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for Mrs. Berry also, who gave me a great part in Guys and Dolls despite my horrible attempt at an Irish accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw clips of Andy in that musical and it was... um... something. :)

    ReplyDelete