Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Thursday, July 1, 2010

Homemade happiness

I'm thankful for unexpected kindnesses...for my sister sending me a beautiful box of low sugar muffins on a day when I needed a taste of home, and for my neighbor Senta who made me a beautiful birdhouse because I had made an offhand comment about loving one of hers last week. There's something so touching about someone taking the time to create something with their time and their talent just for you, and a it's a good reminder to make sure I am thoughtful enough to do the same for the people that I care about.

2 comments:

  1. Awww - sounds like a lovely day :) Send me a pick of the birdhouse, I love birdhouses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bird goods and baked goods -- pretty much a perfect combo for Kara Devlin :)

    ReplyDelete