Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Friday, February 19, 2010

I am grateful for...Wisdom. Wisdom of God, Wisdom of Buddha, Wisdom of the Ages, Wisdom of Life.

I am currently taking a class in Contentment in Everyday Life. Contentment! When I was in high school, contentment was a dirty word. The last thing I wanted was contentment -- give me excitement, challenge, high drama! Contentment was giving in and giving up, accepting the status quo, compromising and settling for less. Years later, after enduring some of life's storms, contentment is a place of peace, a still point in the restless world where I can stop and see clearly all the blessings life has brought me. Resting in contentment is akin to resting in God's grace. I experience that warmth and calm rolling out in waves from my heart, warming me to the tips of my fingers and toes, and imbuing my world with a timeless glow. This moment, it whispers, this is the moment of living.

2 comments:

Blog Archive