Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Saturday, February 25, 2012

Movies and music

I love how a great movie can lift my spirits and touch my heart on even the loneliest days. I watched Dan in Real Life tonight and just let the joy of the wonderful words and the fantastic music wash over me while the cold winds blew outside. In rooting for flawed and loveable characters it helps me to remember to root for myself, and I'm thankful for that. And in a related note: Sondre Lerche (the extraordinary talent who did all the music for the movie) also has a song on a separate album that I love to listen to called "Everyone's Rooting Just for You." Whenever I need a pick me up in the confidence department, it has quite often come to my rescue. Also, Steve Carrell makes me smile:)

No comments:

Post a Comment