Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Monday, November 21, 2011

SWING!

Isn't it amazing how silliness can set you free? I was walking past a park filled with children and their watchful parents today, and I saw an empty swing. I wanted to swing, but I didn't have any kids with me -- what would everyone think, I wondered? Well, they probably thought I was nuts -- but they also probably could see that I was very happy, because in a very uncharacteristic spontaneous moment, I decided I didn't care what they thought, and I hopped on that swing. With my feet in the air and the wind in my hair, I didn't just feel like a kid -- I was a kid. And there's an indescribably free feeling that comes with the absolute unselfconsciousness of being a kid. The more people stared at the strange full grown woman swinging with abandon, the more I just pointed my toes up to the sun and flew. It was great fun, and as an added bonus, it was a pretty good workout too:)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I love it :) I only wish that swings didn't make me sick - it makes me feel like such a fuddy duddy!

    ReplyDelete