Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Sunday, February 13, 2011

New girl

I decided to go to a new church today that I saw in the center of town and loved for its lovely old stonework...but as usual for me on Sunday mornings, I was running a bit behind, so I was ten minutes late. I had no idea what door to go in as everyone was already inside (back in at my other church in Beverly Hills, ten minutes late was fashionable and I had lots of company:) Anyway, I heard singing, and so I followed the sound of the voices and came to a door just as it grew very quiet -- I opened the door with a loud screeeech -- and found myself in front of the congregation at the choir entrance! I had already opened the door, so I walked right through, took a seat in the very front pew closest to me and tried very hard to suppress my nervous giggles as I felt every set of eyes boring into the back of my head. It was quite interesting being in the very front row -- the priest seemed to be delivering the sermon directly to me...good thing it was a good sermon! I'm proud of myself for trying something new...I was going to sleep in, and then when I was late, I almost just kept driving past it -- but I'm glad I didn't because it was a wonderful way to start a Sunday morning. And I'm sure I gave everyone a good chuckle afterwards when they must've wondered who the new girl was that made such a grand entrance. I may wear a disguise next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment