Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cool consignment

I had so much fun at the consignment furniture store in town today...such unique and quirky cool stuff to look at and be inspired by. I bought a beautiful new desk with lovely curved legs that I can't wait to paint and a really cool cabinet for the bathroom...and they were cheap which makes it all the sweeter! I fell in love with a wild little green leather chair...but alas there is no where to put it, so I couldn't bring it home with me. But it made me happy such a thing exists in the world:) It's funny to think of how far I've come...I remember being in 7th grade and feeling like I might actual die if anyone ever knew I stepped foot in a consignment shop...now I don't care if the whole world knows, it feels good to be a savvy shopper. I'm thankful to have outgrown that scared little snobby girl stage!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about 7th grade. I asked my mom why we couldn't buy close at the mall and she said that was just not what she chose to spend her money on. Oh the joy of junior high in clothes from Walmart :(
    They have huge consignment sales here just for babies and kids. I don't think consignment clothes have the same stigma for little kids. I've found expensive items for next to nothing with the tags still on!

    ReplyDelete