Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Sunday, May 15, 2011

A few days worth of gratitude

I'm thankful my hubby is finally home and I'm thankful that we finished planting the most beautiful garden in the world today...complete with a tiny birdbath and a pretty bench to sit and take in all the lovely things that are growing:)
I was thinking today how, when I was a little kid, I always wanted a house that had a lamppost out front just like my Nana and Papa's house -- and now I do, and that makes me happy.
I'm thankful for air conditioning and for windows that open and I think we have the prettiest weed-iest lawn in the world. Seriously -- there's at least 35 different kinds of wildflowers and weeds out there instead of lawn. It looks like a wild meadow instead of a golf course and I love it. I'm grateful for inspiring stories that build me up when I'm feeling down, like the documentary OVER 90 AND LOVING IT and also like ABC's Extreme Home Makeover.

1 comment:

  1. Here's to lamp posts -- our house has one out front too

    ReplyDelete