Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Monday, February 14, 2011

St. Valentine's Day


Well, even though I couldn't be with my Valentine today, it was quite a joy to get lovely flowers delivered to my door and then a delightful surprise of hidden chocolates that were astoundingly delicious. I'm thankful that my mom sent me a happy little love bug to make me smile and I'm grateful for a day (that while admittedly pretty commercial) celebrates a real man who did a beautiful thing in the name of love. It's nice to remember what a privilege it is to be able to love whomever we choose...not so long ago people were confined to classes and families and arrangements -- thank goodness I wasn't born back then!

4 comments:

  1. Wait a minute-- are you suggesting that we're in different classes? And if so, who's in the higher class? Keep in mind I do own a monocle....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee doesn't "believe" in Valentine's Day. He says it's made up by Hallmark. He humors me anyway. I got flowers and chocolate, not original, but always a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Lisa, Ryan says the same thing. But it was actually made up by the Catholic Church a long long time ago. It's one of our oldest holidays and I can't see anything wrong with a day that celebrates love! Chocolates and flowers are cliche for a reason -- they're awesome and every girl loves them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Ryan, I would never ever suggest that we are in different classes. I am merely pointing out that is is a good thing that if, say, a Princess wants to marry a commoner, she may..;)

    ReplyDelete