Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Monday, February 28, 2011

The Oscars

It never matters to me who the hosts are -- for me it's always been about the joy of seeing a dream realized, when the winner takes the stage and grasps their trophy for the first time and then gushes out some enthusiastic or eloquent or ineloquent or touching speech. My heart just swells at the possibility and I can't help but imagine my own Oscar moment some day. I love the pomp and circumstance, love the beautiful dresses in our mostly sweatpants wearing world...sure it's pretentious at times and often boring...but it's a beacon of the power of dreams, and that's why I love it. Plus Kirk Douglas was freaking hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. Adapted Screenplay: Kara Holden, "The Octopus: A Story of California"

    (ya heard it hear first)

    ReplyDelete