Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Monday, May 24, 2010

Home(s)

Had I stayed in Michigan it would've been harder to make a living playing pretend... and tougher to bag a nice southern gal screenwriter (although I'm certain we would've managed to cross paths). So I'm grateful that I packed up my mom's little red car and headed west 7 yeas ago. But spending a few days back home with my folks is all it took for me to wax nostalgic for Michigan summers (and falls and winters). Our families are our living legacy. A couple weeks a year just isn't enough time to be with them. Were I born into an Italian clan circa 1850 in Sicily I probably would've never left the island, just as generations of my elders would never have done. An adventurous life has put many miles between me and the very comforts of home that I was so excited to break free of when I was 23. And now that I've married into an amazing Kentucky/Carolina clan... I have even more homes and family members to miss!

I guess what I'm trying to say is... let's all become Mormons and live together on a compound. Or move to a hippy commune. Or at least get a dang time share together for a week out of the year! Italy was too fun to be a one time memory. Our families are too awesome to keep apart!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! I'm up for the compound, lol! Are you guys planning to join the Mcleroy clan at Disney in Oct?
    I agree wholeheartedly that we need to spend more time together with our families. Hmmm...Italy is nice this time of year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we're going to have a compound, let's do it in style -- I vote for a Kennedy compound...I could definitely get used to a couple of New England beach cottages! :) I wholeheartedly agree with Ryan...I wish my family were down the street every day so I could hug them whenever I want just as nature intended. Can we all just go run an olive grove in Italy, please??

    ReplyDelete