Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Friday, March 14, 2014

This poem makes my heart smile:)

Line & Landscape: Time Machine:

Jan 7, 2014

Time Machine

for Kara

lately, there's been talk at my house
of building a time machine:
my son has his theories
and though skeptical still
I'm starting to believe

when it's finished, I'll give you a call–
there will be no heady talk
of unfinished symphonies, books:
dreams freed like butterflies
through nets softened by years

rather, I'll extend a simple invitation
to walk once again past the peacocks and zebras
of Croftboro Farms
miles down the winding, whispering
tree-canopied Camden Lane

we'll enter that old Walmart plaza
light with childhood laughter
content, my sister
with nothing more
than a cold coke on a hot summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment