Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Saturday, November 27, 2010

The In-between

It is hard to be Here
when I'd rather be There
hard to Wait
when I'd rather Have
hard to be Content
in deserts of unrest
and at Rest
in valleys of discontent
I have heard that it is
Divine
this longing for
The Other
and I suppose Life itself
is a lesson on
learning to live in
the in-between
with the mischievous fates
of When and Where and How
dancing in my head
breaking the vases
that Peace has so lovingly
displayed on the glass shelves
of my mind
Overturning the furniture
that Contentment has arranged
so neatly
Maybe the trick
is to stand on the sideways sofa
and see things
as I would never had seen them
if I had sat on Contentment's couch
and perhaps if I open the windows
of my heart
the Light will pour in
and reflect off the broken pieces of Peace
creating prisms of Beauty
and unexpected Joy
that could only come
from living in The In-between

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're HERE, even if it's the in-between. Isn't that life, anyway? Stuck between missing or regretting the past, looking forward to to tomorrow...gotta enjoy today :)

    ReplyDelete