Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mighty (Loud) Thor

Tonight I am very thankful for Thor. That is the name that I have given to my steam heat, because when he's on, he sounds like he's banging all the pipes in the house with a giant thunderous hammer. And while he makes a heckuva ruckus -- he does the job and keeps me warm and toasty. Which is a good thing when the temperature gets a bad attitude and goes all negative. It used to startle me, but now it makes me happy to hear him down there in the basement, doing his job, just hammering away.

3 comments:

  1. I kind of miss Thor...his constant presence was oddly comforting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! He's hammering away big time tonight as the temp dips below zero. Poor guy is huffing and puffing with all of his might!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only think of Adventures in Babysitting when I hear "Thor."

    ReplyDelete