Gratitude is the sign of noble souls ~ Aesop


Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ~ Kahlil Gabran


Joy delights in joy ~ William Shakespeare


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jackie Martin

I am thankful for my friend Marty aka Jack aka Buddy aka Martimus aka Marty Smarty. And he is a smarty...it brings me such joy to get a postcard from him because I know if is going to be something special. You see, he never writes about himself, but instead, makes up a short story based on whatever the picture on the front of the card is. Once I got a poem about Audrey Hepburn's onyx eyes, one time he wrote a story that made me laugh about a statue cleaner and a flock of birds, and today he wrote an entire life story in the space of a postcard that was so poignant and beautiful I cried. Well done, sir. I'm thankful that even though he is a world away in Korea, he's really no further than my heart and a couple of days postage:)

2 comments:

  1. How ironic...You "originated" in the country where he now resides! Guess that qualifies as "kindred spirits." Tell him I said Hi. What part of Korea does he live in? Maybe we've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a beautiful story, he wrote. Loved it. Thanks Marty!

    ReplyDelete